Search This Blog

Thursday 1 March 2012

AboutElly

Nimisha here. Back again with another blog. I would like to share my views on an Iranian film called Darbareye.Elly.(About.Elly,2009).
I happened to chance on this film when I was browsing through IMDB, the biggest online movie database.The movie opens with a group of friends(/family) heading for a leisure trip. One couple in the group is engaged to be married, Ely being the fiance.The movie develops into a light drama where the usual games and fun of a casual outing is captured pleasantly. Ely, the protagonist is, throughout the first half( I guess) very mysterious and to some level impenetrable, until she disappears completely. The movie takes a complete U turn from this point on. Growing tensions develop in the group and the plot progress into a thriller of some sort.
Watch it for its simplicity and straightforwardness. You ll enjoy it, I did.Oh and a special mention about Sepideh (Golshifteh Farahani), she is a big star in Iran and I DONT wonder why.
Nimisha

2 comments:

  1. NDTV luminere used to air some good films from iran and all.. sadly the channel is not available on our DTH.. I used to watch them and enjoyed too

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about UTV world movies?
    These movies remind of our Malayalam films. Very simple and natural.

    ReplyDelete