Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Out of Africa(1985)


The movie  stars Meryl Streep( Yes, I love her!!!!) as Karen and Robert Redford as Dennis.Okay, lets get to the point, I for one hated this movie. If I had watched it when it was made , I would have been 'Out of theatre'. (get it? ) It revolves around a love affair between Karen and Denis. The first half  of the movie deals with her marriage to a hunter who vanishes after the 1st day of marriage (to hunt). At one stage, she travels  a long time....that is a long distance I suppose, to get to him .( Yes it was all on fast forward).
Finally when it gets to the point of the 'affair'..I don't see it, the chemistry. It is just not there.
I don't know if the movie is flawed (because Im no good judge ), but it did not interest me. The sweet looking native Africans did manage to 'aww' me a little ,but that is all. I yawned a lot through the film. It bored me.
Well then why did I review it? Well because this is my review. Any contradicting views?Anybody out there who thinks it is a non boring film? Feel free to counteract.
:)


2 comments: